Start a new topic
Answered

Countax K18 Belt Tensions

Hi

I am aware you normally test the belt tension by pulling the centre of this longest run by a certain force (normally 2kg) and checking the belt defection. However I can find the belt tension specifications for the following belts;

42" IBS cutter deck belt (part number 22870000)
PTO belt (part number 2281110A Dayco A82)
Drive belt (part number 22912300 Dayco A78 for a TuffTorq gearbox)

My machine is a Countax K18 1995 model with a 42" IBS cutting deck and TuffTorq box.

Please can you tell me how much the belt should deflect for a give load. In particular the belt in my cutting deck seems to be slipping if I hit a thick patch of grass. I would like to check the belt tension before I buy a replacement.

Many thanks

Best Answer

The belts with specific belt tension settings are all available in the owners manual along with instructions on how to adjust them.

The belts you are referring to are self tensioning belts as they are set through a spring attached to a jockey pulley that creates the tension.

If you have reason to believe these are not operating correctly it might be worth taking the machine along to your nearest authorised Countax/Westwood dealer for them to take a look.

Hello,

Sorry I'm sorry that we have not answered your question.

This has now been passed as a service ticket to our Technical Service department who will be in touch with you shortly.

Best Regards

Customer Service

Answer

The belts with specific belt tension settings are all available in the owners manual along with instructions on how to adjust them.

The belts you are referring to are self tensioning belts as they are set through a spring attached to a jockey pulley that creates the tension.

If you have reason to believe these are not operating correctly it might be worth taking the machine along to your nearest authorised Countax/Westwood dealer for them to take a look.

Login or Signup to post a comment