Start a new topic
Answered

Countax C600 - Fuel Pump

The Honda engine would only start after easy start priming. Once started it would run normally. Consensus is that air must be getting into the fuel line, probably via the fuel pump. Has anyone had this problem? Also, the engine, about 13 years old, doesn't seem to have a serial number, or at least not in the areas shown by Honda. Has anyone managed to find out where it really is? My manual shows it on the OHC rocker cover - I wish!

Best Answer

It would be worth checking the carburettor for contamination as this could affect the starting on the Honda engine, have you changed the spark plugs?

Check the Choke cable and flap in the carb is operating correctly

Answer

It would be worth checking the carburettor for contamination as this could affect the starting on the Honda engine, have you changed the spark plugs?

Check the Choke cable and flap in the carb is operating correctly

Thanks for that Darryl. I've fitted new fuel and air filters, and I've checked that there is a spark at the new spark plugs. I'll fit the new fuel pump tomorrow if it arrives. If the engine still won't fire I'll check the fuel solenoid and then remove the carburetor and clean it. There is a good video on YouTube on how to thoroughly clean it, but not how to remove it. I would appreciate your instructions on how to remove it. Looks as though you simply remove two bolts at the front of the carburetor? Also, does the head lamp wire electrical connectors simply pull apart, to enable removal of the bonnet? I'm finding that they won't split very easily.
Darryl, thanks for your help. I've fitted new fuel and air filters, and spark plugs. I've also tested that there is a spark at each spark plug. I'll fit the new fuel pump today if it arrives. If the engine still doesn't fire I'll test the fuel solenoid then remove the carburetor and clean it. There is a good, but silent, video on YouTube that shows how to thoroughly clean the carburetor, but it doesn't show how to remove it. Is it simply the two bolts on the front of the carburetor that need to be removed? I've left my telephone number on your phone answering service. Also, I'm having difficulty splitting the headlamp wire connector so that I can remove the bonnet, should it simply pull apart? Regarding your earlier comment, how much is a new carburetor? I've now discovered that my engine is the GXV530 and my best guess of the serial number (impossible to read the last four digits) is GJARM 1034549.
Login or Signup to post a comment